Create a clean Meeting Environment - Remove distractions.
- Chose a neutral background.
- If you can, go to a separate room.
Ifyouare at Home - Tell your family that you are in a meeting.
- Put a sign up that your kids understand, too.
Use a Headset insteadof a Micon a Laptop or PC - To guarantee an optimized Audio Quality.
Choosetheright Tool - Zoom, Skype, Google Hangout: select the tool fit for purpose.
Account for Download, Install- andTesting Time -Test your audio and video settings.
- Familiarize yourself with key functionality: video, audio, mute, screenshare.
Think of Alternatives - Provide standard dial-in options via traditional conference call lines
For Meetings withmorethan 4 Participants - Assign a moderator.
- Providers such as Zoom allow participants to “raise a hand”.
Focus - Share basic rules for virtual meetings in advance.
- Set and communicate clear goals and send an agenda in advance.
DURING VIRTUAL MEETINGS
OptimizeyourBandwidth - Ask participants to ONLY activate video during the first and the last two minutes.
Start with an Icebreaker - Everybody gets to speak at the start, even if it is only a short «hello».
Optimize the Time - Stick to 45 minutes, build in breaks, don’t go over 90 minutes.
One at a Time - Optimize participation and decision-making with the “one at a time” rule.
Use Online Feedback - Use chat functionality. For larger meetings, have someone taking care of moderation.
- Tip: Apps like Poll Everywhere create the possibility to generate on-demand feedback on specific topics in real-time.